Stainless Steels Supplier - Descriptions , Specifications , Grades and Properties :
Stainless Steels consist a range of corrosion resistant steels that contains a minimum of 11% Chromium. The mechanical and physical properties of te steel can be changed by the chromium content and the adding of other chemical elements such as Nickel, Molybdenum, Titanium and Niobium.
There are a number of stainless steel grades that are covered by a range of national and international standards.
Stainless Steel can be grouped into five categories : Austenitic Stainless Steel , Ferritic Stainless Steel , Duplex Stainless Steel , Martensitic Stainless Steel & Precipitation Hardening Stainless Steel.
- Common Austenitic Stainless Steels are SUS304 , SUS316 & SUS303
- Excellent corrosion resistance & weldability, non-magnetic when annealed.
- Common Ferricitic Stainless Steels are SUS430, SUS409
- Magnetic , cannot be hardened by heat treatment & poor weldability for most grades.
- Common Duplex Stainless Steels are 2205 Stainless Steel (S31803)
- Good resistance to stress corrosion cracking , good weldability & good formablity.
- Common Martensitic Stainless Steels are SUS420 , 440C
- Magnetic , heat treatable but poor weldability
- Common Precipitation Hardening Stainless Steel are 17-4PH (SUS630)
- Magnetic , good weldability and very high strength and good weldability.
For more information , please refer to this vid eo : Where to find High Performance Stainless Steel