Super Duplex S32760 | Duplex Stainless Steel Supplier | Super Duplex S32760 | A182 F55 | A182 F53 | 1.4501
Super Duplex 32760 (or known as Stainless Steel S32760)
SPECIFICATIONS: UNS S32760 | ASTM/ASME A240 / F53 | Werkstoff 1.4501
UNS S32760 super duplex stainless steel has enhanced pitting and crevice corrosion resistance in comparison with the ordinary austenitic or duplex types and is suitable for use in aggressive environments. This is due to the higher additions of chromium, molybdenum and nitrogen. This austenitic stainless type grade combines high strength and good ductility with outstanding corrosion resistance qualities. UNS S32760 has excellent resistance to stress corrosion cracking and gives a high resistance to erosion corrosion and corrosion fatigue.
Chemical Composition (average %)
Properties of 32760 super duplex:
- Ferritic-austenitic stainless steel.
- Excellent corrosion resistance against general corrosion, stress corrosion cracking, corrosion fatigue, pitting, crevice and erosion-corrosion and possessing very high mechanical strength properties.
- Good weldability, post-weld heat treatment not necessary.
- Max. Temperature for long periods of service: 280°C (536°F) / (300°C/572°F possible for short periods).
- Surface condition for optimum corrosion resistance: pickled or machined.
Components in offshore, wastewater, seawater desalination and chemical plants with aggressive chloride-containing media e.g. heat exchangers, separator parts, compressor and pump components, turbine blades.
Weldability of super duplex 32760 is good. The welding procedures are similar to those applied for conventional duplex grades. Welding consumables for different welding methods are available.
The machineability of super duplex 32760 is superior to comparable super duplex grades due to its optimised inclusion characteristic. Further details are available on request.