Stainless Steel 440c | SUS440C | AISI 440C | X105CrMo17 | 1.4125
Martensitic Stainless Steel 440A, B, C
- Hardenable high-carbon chromium steels designed to provide stainless properties with maximum hardness.
- Have maximum hardness together with high strength and corrosion resistance in the hardened and stress relieved condition.
- Always used in the hardened or hardened and stress relieved conditions.
- None of the alloys has its full corrosion resistance either in the annealed or in the hardened and tempered condition.
- Wide applications where good corrosion resistance along with high hardness or abrasion resistance is required.
- Used in numerous applications in areas where a very hard and abrasion resistant stainless is called for
- Applications include pivot pins, dental and surgical instruments, cutlery valve parts, ball bearings, nozzles, hardened steel balls and seats for oil well pumps, plus valve parts
Corrosion Resistance :
These stainless steels have good corrosion resistance in the hardened and stress relieved conditions. Hence, they should, usually, be used only in that condition. These steels are resistant to such conditions as freshwater, steam, crude oil, gasoline, perspiration, and alcohol.